BISEM Inc has a cost effective solution to help you achieve a Net Zero Energy Building
1. RETURN ON INVESTMENT: The spread sheet below defines the Federal Tax credits that are available with any of the Focus Materials BiPV Systems. They are as follows:
- The BiPV Federal Tax Credit which allows a 30% direct tax credit in the first year after installation. President Bush signed this into law in 2003, and President Obama again signed the bill and extended it until 2017.
- The second tax advantage is the MACRS accelerate depreciation. This reduces full depreciation time from 39 years to 5 years.
- Every city in the US has local utility subsidies that differ per municipality. I have included the rebate offered by SMUD of Sacramento in June of 2011.
- Energy production for 25 years.
|100% Payback in 28 Months|
|Assumption: Five story office building with 40,000 square feet of curtain wall|
|Assumption: South elevation of the curtain wall is 10,000 square feet|
|Standard Curtain Wall:||10,000||$ 100||$ 1,000,000|
|BiPV Curtain Wall Premium:||10,000||$ 100||$ 1,000,000|
|Total Taxable BiPV:||$ 2,000,000|
|Federal Tax Credit 30% of total BiPV in First Year|
|MACRS Depreciation Year One:||$ 147,533|
|SMUD – Sacramento’s Utility Rebate:||$ 85,000|
|MACRS Depreciation Federal/State Year Two:||$ 147,533|
|MACRS Depreciation Federal/State Year Three:||$ 147,533||110%|
|MACRS Depreciation Federal/State Year Four:||$ 147,533||15%|
|MACRS Depreciation Federal/State Year Five:||$ 147,533||15%|
|Energy Production for 37kW:||$20,000||Yr+/-|
2. EASY, TURNKEY, POWER-PRODUCING WALL FOR YOUR BUILDING: BISEM’s power-producing wall is a complete solution for mid-rise and high-rise projects. The solution brings together four, usually separate, trades. These are: DC Electrical, AC Electrical, Curtain Wall, and Waterproofing.
- The DC & Photovoltaic Design calculates system size and determines PV module selection, DC wiring, UL Rated harnesses, inverter size, lifecycle replacement, and the monitoring solution for the project.
- All AC Electrical Coordination and integration from start to finish. BISEM designed and developed a shop installed, UL Approved wiring harness, which reduces field labor by 85%.
- Curtain Wall Design and Installation is the skill set that sets BISEM’s apart. We have 25 years of experience with large curtain wall projects. The U-Value, Shading Coefficients and AAMA water testing procedures are all included in our turnkey, multi-trade solution.
- Waterproofing is the final piece of manufacturing and installation of the building’s exterior skin. The systems are water tight and we have 25 years of experience in keeping building dry.
3. ZERO ENERGY BUILDING SOLUTION: These products were designed to fulfill a portion of the energy production that is required to achieve a ZEB (Zero Energy Building). We took our passion for sustainability and created our own ZEB manufacturing facility. Using our experience of building a ZEB, and our extensive knowledge of exterior envelope design, we leveraged the lessons learned to create BISEM product line. To have a successful ZEB, developers and architects must design to reduce energy usage, figure energy needs, and finally add energy production. BISEM provides a key piece to the ZEB puzzle.
4. COMPATIBLE WITH FUTURE TECHNOLOGIES: The BISEM Wall flexible aluminum chassis was designed to incorporate utility grade PV panels, but it can easily swap the installed panels for the newest technology innovations. With our system, innovations in technology can be updated into your wall, at any time.
- Examples of recent product improvements are: the elimination of field installed conduit with innovative parallel wiring, incorporation of thin film technology, use of Sage Electrochromic Glass, Pythagoras Solar Technology, and Dow Corning’s R40 VIP (Vacuum Insulated Panel).
- Examples of ongoing research and development include: hot water generation from the exterior envelope, captured warm air from exterior envelope, LED lights powered by PV on sunscreens, day-lighting technology, building controls for smart envelopes, smart windows, smart sunshades, smart glass, and DC office lighting solutions to eliminate the use of inverters and computer DC power supplies.
5. UTILITY GRADE RELIABILITY is the basis of all of our design. This standard allows BISEM to provide surprisingly cost effective solutions with extremely high performance.
6. FLEXIBLE OPTIONS are always available, but remember, with color and transparency comes increased cost and decreased performance.
Posted 2 years ago by admin in BiPV Curtain Wall, Net Zero Energy Design, Photovoltaic Curtainwall, Sustainable 34